3.8.09

Narrowing it Down

Here are some more sketches I did searching for a final design. I came across some photos of some old board track racers, and that's what inspired these.

I really liked the look of the blade style forks. These would work like normal forks, but the moving parts are hidden from view, so it appears the wheel is floating up and down between them.



This is a composite of a few sketches from above, and the ideal direction I'm heading. I'm going to integrate the exhaust a bit better on future iterations. I figured stuff like that might become more apparent once I start drawing it from different angles, and working out volumes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet man... I do think you found a nice middle ground. I like it... thats a really deep seat though. I'd be interested to see an oscar on it.

Zack Stephanchick said...

interesting direction, let's see some perspecives.

could be cool if the fork wraps over the tank

Timothy Mann said...

Yeah, Oscar might end up circumcised after riding that thing. I'd like to see how it turns out, with a simple sketch like that I would bet everyone sees something different.

Matt said...

I think over all with your sketches your showing to much mechanics, maybe try some with more forms and see what happens maybe once you try that you can mix and match with what you already have to find middle ground.Where as I may need to do the opposite. cheers!